"CUM GRANDE HUMILITATE!"

"Preach the Gospel at all times, and when necessary, use words."

A special "Thank you!"
Goes out to
John Michael Talbot
for giving us permission
to use his song on our
"Come to the Quiet"
You Tube Video
T
T
_______________________________________________________ _______________________________________________________

Saturday, July 25, 2009

Concerning the Conversion of a Soldier

There was a certain strong soldier who had won many victories and later became a Friar Minor. And when soldiers laughed at him because he had joined such an Order rather then the Templars or a similar Order where he could do much good and still fight battles, he replied, "I tell you that when I feel thirst, hunger, cold, and such things, the impulse of pride and concupiscience and such still attacks me. How much worse would it be if I saw my feet shod in armor and I was on a handsome horse and so on!"

And he added; "So far I was strong in fighting others-from now on I want to be strond fighting myself!"

Thanks be to God.

Saint Francis of Assisi
Little Flowers of St. Francis - 17

T

No comments:

Post a Comment