"CUM GRANDE HUMILITATE!"

"Preach the Gospel at all times, and when necessary, use words."

A special "Thank you!"
Goes out to
John Michael Talbot
for giving us permission
to use his song on our
"Come to the Quiet"
You Tube Video
T
T
_______________________________________________________ _______________________________________________________

Tuesday, January 06, 2009

The Prudent And Learned Never Change

When blessed Francis was at the Chapter General held at St. Mary of the Portiuncula - known as the Chapter of Mats, because the only shelters there consisted of rush-mats, which were used by five thousand friars - a number of prudent and learned friars went to the lord Cardinal of Ostia who was present, and said to him, 'My Lord, we wish that you would persuade Brother Francis to follow the advice of the wiser brethren, and allow himself to be guided by them.' And they quoted the Rules of Saint Benedict, Saint Augustine, and Saint Bernard, which lay down the principles of the regular life.

Saint Francis spoke to the friars in the fervor and power of the Holy Spirit, saying, 'My brothers! my brothers! God has called me by the way of simplicity and humility, and has in truth revealed this way for me and for all who are willing to trust and follow me. So I do not want you to quote any other rule to me...

Saint Francis of Assisi
Mirror of Perfection - 68

No comments:

Post a Comment