"CUM GRANDE HUMILITATE!"

"Preach the Gospel at all times, and when necessary, use words."

A special "Thank you!"
Goes out to
John Michael Talbot
for giving us permission
to use his song on our
"Come to the Quiet"
You Tube Video
T
T
_______________________________________________________ _______________________________________________________

Sunday, March 16, 2008

PALM SUNDAY

FIRST READING: Isaiah 50:4-7

RESPONSORIAL PSALM: Psalm 22:8-9, 17-18, 19-20, 23-24

SECOND REDING: Philippians 2:6-11

GOSPEL READING: Luke 22:14-23, 56


Blessed are you, servant of God, if you do not consider yourself any better when you are honored and extolled by others than when you are considered low and simple and despised; for what you are before God, that is what you are, and no more.


St. Francis of Assisi
Admonition 19



The Scourging at the Pillar

Lord Jesus Christ, sweet brother Jesus, thank you for allowing me to become hidden in Your wounds because by Your wounds, I am healed!

Just as that whip scourged Your precious body, Lord Jesus, so take that very same whip into your hands and beat me from the top of my head to the bottom of my feet. Lay wide open my sins and my sinful nature, to be exposed to the healing power of the Son, the Son of the Everliving God.

Lord Jesus, I pray that as I search along that path into Your outstretched arms, that if I deviate from that path, that You take that whip and drive me back onto that narrow path to righteousness.

anon brother

No comments:

Post a Comment