"CUM GRANDE HUMILITATE!"

"Preach the Gospel at all times, and when necessary, use words."

A special "Thank you!"
Goes out to
John Michael Talbot
for giving us permission
to use his song on our
"Come to the Quiet"
You Tube Video
T
T
_______________________________________________________ _______________________________________________________

Saturday, August 13, 2011

Spiritual Communion



Saint Francis of Assisi tried to attend Mass every day where he would receive the Body and Blood of our Lord Jesus Christ in Holy Communion. Whenever he was unable to receive Holy Communion, it was his practice to make a Spiritual Communion. He would say the following prayer:

"I believe that You, O Jesus, are in the most holy Sacrament. I love You and desire You. Come into my heart. I embrace You! Oh, never leave me. May the burning and most sweet power of Your love, O Lord Jesus Christ, I beseech You, absorb my mind that I may die through love of Your love, who were graciously pleased to die through love of my love."

Saint Francis of Assisi

T

No comments:

Post a Comment