"CUM GRANDE HUMILITATE!"

"Preach the Gospel at all times, and when necessary, use words."

A special "Thank you!"
Goes out to
John Michael Talbot
for giving us permission
to use his song on our
"Come to the Quiet"
You Tube Video
T
T
_______________________________________________________ _______________________________________________________

Thursday, August 14, 2008

The Prayer Absorbeat

"May the power of your love, O Lord, fiery and sweet as honey, wean my heart from all that is under heaven, so that I may die for love of your love, you who were so good as to die for love of my love."

Saint Francis of Assisi
(attributed to Francis by St. Bernardine and Ubertino da Casale)

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous10:12 PM

    Thank you for this posting. I wanted the history to this Prayer. It seems so similar in style to the one before the crucifix, which I pray daily. This prayer gives the whole emptying of self that St Francis desired so much to grow in.

    ReplyDelete