"CUM GRANDE HUMILITATE!"

"Preach the Gospel at all times, and when necessary, use words."

A special "Thank you!"
Goes out to
John Michael Talbot
for giving us permission
to use his song on our
"Come to the Quiet"
You Tube Video
T
T
_______________________________________________________ _______________________________________________________

Monday, November 02, 2009

Yet You, Wretched Soul...

Why do you neglect to blame yourself and begin accusing your brother for revealing to you your illness both in deed and in truth? Learn the Commandments of Christ: 'When He was abused, He did not return abuse; when He suffered, He did not threaten' (1 Peter 2.23). Listen to Him, when He says and when He shows us in reality: 'I gave my back to those who struck me, and my cheeks to those who beat me. I did not hide my face from insult and spitting' (Isaiah 50.6). Yet you, wretched soul, just because of a little insult and dishonor, sit there and weave thousands of thoughts, ultimately conspiring against your own soul in the manner of the demons. After all, what more can a demon do to such a soul, that it has not already done to itself? We see the cross of Christ, we read His passion each day, what He suffered for us. Yet we cannot endure the slightest insult. We have indeed deviated from the straight way.'

The Way of the Saints
Abba Zosimas
The Desert Father

T

2 comments:

  1. Perfect post for a couple of my junior managers who just don't get the concepts of servant leadership. I had a very sincere discussion with all the leaders in my organization yesterday, but a couple need "follow up." Good thoughts here for them to hear.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Elizabeth, but this comment was directed squarely toward me, drawing attention to my own wretched soul!

    ReplyDelete