"CUM GRANDE HUMILITATE!"

"Preach the Gospel at all times, and when necessary, use words."

A special "Thank you!"
Goes out to
John Michael Talbot
for giving us permission
to use his song on our
"Come to the Quiet"
You Tube Video
T
T
_______________________________________________________ _______________________________________________________

Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Who or What Is The Wolf In Your Life?



When a very large crowd had gathered, St. Francis gave them a wonderful sermon, saying among other things that such calamities were permitted by God because of their sins, and how the consuming fire of hell by which the damned have to be devoured for all eternity is much more dangerous than the raging of a wolf which can kill nothing but the body, and how much more they should fear to be plunged into hell, since one little animal could keep so great a crowd in such a state of terror and trembling.

"So, dear people," he said, "come back to the Lord, and do fitting penance, and God will free you from the wolf in this world and from the devouring fire of hell in the next world."

Saint Francis of Assisi
Little Flowers of St. Francis - 21

T

2 comments:

  1. There are several wolves prowling about me - even at Mass! I have to keep praying for the strength to resist them.

    I find the Jesus prayer helpful when the temptations pop into my mind.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Lee. I agree with you totally. The wolves in my own life seem to have bitten off a large portion of my backside.

    It's amazing to me how many people have once again become familiar with the Jesus Prayer and are praying it constantly.

    Very similar to the Jesus Prayer is the way St. Francis would constantly fill the air by crying out, My God and my all! My God and my all!"

    ReplyDelete