"CUM GRANDE HUMILITATE!"

"Preach the Gospel at all times, and when necessary, use words."

A special "Thank you!"
Goes out to
John Michael Talbot
for giving us permission
to use his song on our
"Come to the Quiet"
You Tube Video
T
T
_______________________________________________________ _______________________________________________________

Monday, August 25, 2008

The Crown of Thorns is a Crown of Glory

Someone I know was in an area of complete and utter darkness.

"Then a mist appeared, through which two hands appeared that were handing me a crown of thorns.

"I took the crown of thorns from the outstretched hands and placed it upon my head. As the crown was being seated upon my head, I prematurely winced, fully expecting searing pain from those thorns to shoot through my head and throughout my entire body.

"But instead of pain, a warm and wonderful feeling of joy and peace settled over me. I was being bathed in God’s love.

"Simultaneously with the crown of thorns being placed upon my head, a vision appeared before me of a glass mirror “unfurling” like a window shade, even though it was glass.

"Jesus then appeared in the glass before me.

"I was immediately filled with shame because Jesus had caught me wearing his crown, and I immediately pulled it from my head.

"As I did, Jesus disappeared.

"I then placed the crown back onto my head.

"As I did, the glass unfurled before me, and again Jesus was standing before me.

"At that moment, the realization hit me that I was looking into a mirror and seeing my own reflection, and that reflection was my Savior and my Lord! And me! One and the same!

"This vision greatly troubled me. After all, who did I think I was, anyway? Was I so vain as to think myself equal to Jesus? God forbid! The vision continued to frighten me long afterwards, fearing that my attitude was obviously not right with God…that is, until I heard these words:

“Do not be afraid to put on my crown of thorns.
It is My crown of glory!
Wear it as I did.
I will bear the pain so that you have none.
Then, and only then, will you see Me in glory.
Then we shall meet face to face.
You in me, and I in you.
People will see me in your image.
Give yourselves to Me fully,
And I will come to you in glory…”

No comments:

Post a Comment