"CUM GRANDE HUMILITATE!"

"Preach the Gospel at all times, and when necessary, use words."

A special "Thank you!"
Goes out to
John Michael Talbot
for giving us permission
to use his song on our
"Come to the Quiet"
You Tube Video
T
T
_______________________________________________________ _______________________________________________________

Thursday, March 20, 2008

HOLY WEEK - HOLY THURSDAY

FIRST READING: Isaiah 61:1-3,6,8-9

RESPONSORIAL PSALM: Psalm 89:21-22, 25, 27

SECOND READING: Revelation 1:5-8

GOSPEL:Luke 4:16-21


Receive the Body and the Blood of our Lord Jesus Christ with great humility and with veneration, remembering the words of the Lord: “Anyone who does eat my flesh and drink my blood has eternal life” and, “Do this in remembrance of me.”

Rule 1221, Chapter XX




The Spear Pierces The Heart of Jesus


Lord Jesus Christ, sweet brother Jesus, thank You for allowing me to become hidden in Your wounds because by Your wounds, I am healed!

Oh sweet Brother Jesus, I beg You to take that very spear that pierced Your Most Precious and Holy Heart and “run me through!” Impale me, Oh Lord! Wound my soul! Pierce my heart and soul with Your love for all mankind; every man, woman and child, regardless of Race, Color or Creed. Pierce my heart and soul with Your love for for the birds of the air, the fish in the sea and the animals of the field. Pierce my heart and soul with Your love for Brother Sun, Sister Moon and all of the stars and galaxies in the sky. Lord jesus, pierce our hearts with your love for this beautiful and magnificent earth, this temporary home, You have so graciously given us. And dear brother Jesus, I beg you to drive that spear deep into my heart and soul so that all my sins and sinful nature pours out onto the dust and dung heaps of the earth, to be replaced by Your total Being, Your Holy Spirit, our Father's Love, and our Father's Joy!


Hidden in the wound. Hidden in the tomb. Contemplation...silence...listening...expectant...emptied of all...peace...serenity...quiet...complete emptying of self...plunged into the dark night of his presence...pitch black...God is present...only God...

Submitted by a brother from the Portiuncula Hermitage/Retreat Center

No comments:

Post a Comment