"CUM GRANDE HUMILITATE!"

"Preach the Gospel at all times, and when necessary, use words."

A special "Thank you!"
Goes out to
John Michael Talbot
for giving us permission
to use his song on our
"Come to the Quiet"
You Tube Video
T
T
_______________________________________________________ _______________________________________________________

Monday, March 10, 2008

FIFTH WEEK OF LENT

MONDAY

FIRST READING: Daniel 13:1-9, 15-17, 19-30, 33-62

RESPONSORIAL PSALM: Psalm 23:1-3, 3-4, 5, 6

GOSPEL READING : John 8:1-11



Once St. Francis was giving a mother and her daughter the comfort of the word of God. All the while he spoke, he never looked at them, and so when they left, his companion said to him, “Father, that holy woman and her virgin daughter came to you with such devotion; why didn't you look at them?” But the holy father answered, “Who would not be afraid to look upon a bride of Christ? A whole sermon was preached with my eyes and face when they looked at me, but not I at them.”

Celano – Second Life – 114



Here I am, hanging on the cross next to Jesus. My offense? I was convicted of adultery, because every sin is adultery to God. Oh how many times have I sinned, Lord? How many times have I been unfaithful to you? Too numberous to count.

You look at me, Jesus. Our eyes meet. I cry out to you, “My Lord, I indeed have been condemned justly, for I am getting what I deserve for my sinful deeds and sinful nature, and only you are able to pardon me. Remember me, Jesus, when you come into your kingdom.” Jesus replied, “Truly I tell you, today you will be with me in Paradise.”

As I die, I can see my spirit rising up out of my body like smoke. The smoke reforms into the body it has just left. I am born again, filled by your Holy Spirit. And you call out to me, “Go and do not sin again.”

Submitted by a brother from the Portiuncula Hermitage/Retreat Center

No comments:

Post a Comment